The Sub Blot Mini and WAVE high intensity transfer systems combine the cooling capacity of wet submarine blotting units with the speed of semi-dry transfer systems. Both systems utilise plate electrodes to create a higher strength electric field and greater current density than conventional wire-electrode systems. This allows transfer of broad range molecular weight proteins to be achieved typically within an hour in the Sub Blot Mini, and in 1-2 hours using the WAVE Sub Blot System. Features offered by the Sub Blot Mini and WAVE are as follows:
- Plate-electrodes 2cm apart in the Sub Blot Mini facilitate fast transfer of two stacked 8×8.5cm mini gels; and 4cm apart in WAVE Sub Blot system for transfer of one Maxi gel
- Multi-transfer capability in the WAVE also allows transfer of 4 omniPAGE Mini and 2 omniPAGE Mini Wide gels arranged side-by-side
- Two cooling options; a cool pack supplied with the Sub Blot Mini for environmentally friendly low-cost cooling; and active cooling in the Sub Blot WAVE by a detachable cooling coil connected to a recirculating chiller.
- Magnetic stirring bars fit conveniently beneath the cooling coil within the WAVE tank to maximise buffer circulation and heat dissipation, while preventing ion gradient formation; both tanks sit comfortably on most stirring plates
- Open design, rigid cassettes maximise gel-to-membrane compression for efficient current transfer; colour-coded to prevent polarity reversal
This unit has a 12 month limited warranty, for more information, consult our terms and conditions.
Catalogue Page Number: 36