2D Gel Image Analysis
2D gel electrophoresis (2-DE) is a key technique for molecular biology. With technology improvements 2-DE has become accessible, affordable and easy to implement. The images you capture from 2-DE gels are quantitative maps of intact proteins that allow you to characterise samples by:
- Relative protein expression changes based on experimental changes
- 2D Western blotting patterns compared to 2-DE protein gels
- pI and molecular weight estimations
- Protein-protein interactions
- De novo sequencing and identification for organisms with incomplete genome sequences
- Post-translational modifications and protein isoforms
SameSpots overcomes the common problems you face using 2D gel electrophoresis for protein analysis such as lack of reproducibility in results, hours of tedious spot editing and confidence in the statistical significance of measuring protein expression changes.
SameSpots is simple to use and gives you fast, objective results for differential expression of intact proteins using 2-DE gels.
- Simplicity. You are guided through each step of the workflow, new users can get up and running with minimal training.
- Speed. Typical analysis times of less than 5 minutes per gel with single-stain or 2D DIGE images.
- Objectivity. A consistent analysis approach that is proven to give reproducible results between different users.
- Statistical power. Image alignment delivers 100% matching with no missing values in your data for valid multivariate statistics.
|SameSpots||Advanced 2D gel electrophoresis software|
|Extra License||£8000 Please enquire|