The front panel and graphical display are designed for ease of use. The display provides all useful information during runs and will show an on screen help to guide the user in setting up the power supply.
In Simple Mode you just have to set your power supply to the desired parameters and press run. EV3xxx series has a firmware upgrade capability so future improvements and features will always be available.
Moreover EV3xxx series has a continuous logging combined with a real time clock so it’s possible to get an overview of previous runs, including possible down-times in case of mains power failures.
The complete EV series can keep it’s voltage constant at low currents without problem and will keep on functioning at low and high temperatures.
- On screen help in 4 languages to assist setting up the power supply parameters and solve errors.
- Firmware updates allows for upgrades to the latest version via the USB interface. Feature requests can also be implemented via the firmware system.
- Real Time Clock date and time are kept in a battery backup system and is used logging an electrophoresis run.
- Various running modes:
- Simple Mode: just set voltage, current, power and time for a routine electrophoresis run.
- 9×9 Method Programming Mode: Up to 9 different programs, each with 9 steps, can be stored in the non-volatile memory. Each step is able to recall a next one, providing a flexible multiple step function for special techniques. Parameters of the running step can be changed temporarily without interrupting the run.
- Voltage Ramp Mode: a linear voltage gradient for any step provided the limiting current or power is not attained.
- Timer Mode: Timer or volt-hour controlled operation will automatically stop the run and sound an alarm.
- Automatic cross-over Each model has constant voltage, constant current, constant power capabilities with automatic cross-over and shows which parameter is kept constant.
- Automatic recovery after power failure
- Password protection
- Data-logging – Data logging of about 100 hours of runs are automatically stored. Data includes data/time, voltage, current, power and date/time of following events: start, stop, pause, program number, step, changes, mains failure and auto restart.
- Data Transfer – Free data acquisition software for PC can be downloaded from our website. It allows to visualize and examine the stored run details.
- Remote control – EV3000 series can be controlled by a computer using special commands. These commands can be found in the support section of the Consort Website..
- Safety features:
- Ground leakage detection: protection from potential shock hazard when a ground leakage path is detected.
- Overload protection: full protection against any overload condition including accidental short circuit of the output.
- Smooth voltage rise: high voltage cannot suddenly appear at the outputs but will increase smoothly up to the pre-set limits.
- No load detection: prevents errors such as a bad or a dangling connection.
- Isolated communication: Optically isolated USB input/output connection to prevent any high voltage on the communication lines.